Skip to main content

Stick-shifts and safety-belts

I've let the blog sit and collect dust lately. Things have been nutty and I haven't had time, nor thoughts, for posting. Well, I'm here to give a little update on things... but first, strap in your safety-belts and watch out for the stick-shift.

Now that we've established that. Shall we continue on? I think so.

Writing Cronies and NaNoWriMo

Been making some time with some local writing cronies. After the write-in I co-hosted last NaNoWriMo with the public library, we decided to make a writing group locally and it's been a little rocky getting it off the ground. But a few of us have bonded pretty good and have shared a lot, and keep pushing each other towards moving forward with writing.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I've been slowly working in a little time here and there to continue to work on my novel from last November. 'CAFE DE MORT' is coming along, and I'm sure I'll finish it, but I'm also sure it will take a lot of work after it's done. I'm slowly having to recognize that my ability to write really good drafts of short stories isn't transcending into writing novels. Usually, my short stories only require a few edits, nothing too fancy, but my novel writing seems to require full rewrites here and there, a process I'm not fond of at all. BUT to that end, I did recently discover a method for rewriting that I don't mind and it seems to work. So, I'll keep you posted on that and let you know if I change my mind about the method.

GUNing for trouble

Another collaborative String-Along that I've been working on with 12 other authors is well within the editing stages, and +Jake Cesarone and I are hoping to have our parts wrapped in the near future. We plan to shop it around to some publishers after having wrapped up editing and formatting. The title of the book is GUN and it's going to be a fun read, I guarantee it.


What's next on the agenda?

I've agreed to join some of my local writing homies for Camp NaNoWriMo next month, and I'll be utilizing that endeavor to finish 'The Affairs of Mrs. Blackwater'. This is something I must do, because there is threat of death from +Miscelleana Rhinehart if I don't continue to finish it. And in that vein, she and I are in talks of posting 'Blackwater' chapters at her blog.

Well, that's it for now... WRITE ON!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merlin & Hagar : A Gnome Photo Series

I decided, on a whim yesterday, to make a photo series based off my wife's gnome collection. It was a collection she curated over her childhood, buying them all from the same place in Derby, Kansas, where her grandparents lived.

The series stars two gnomes, Merlin and Hagar. One is jolly, and the other grumpy. Enjoy.

I have the first two posted, and will embed below.



New website look and stuff coming soon

I've been meaning to give my site an extreme makeover and be better about writing posts, and sharing stories. Well, it's coming....I'm currently testing with my new theme/layout, and it is gonna be cool...let me tell ya. And as far as more content, I will be writing more and writing more blog posts as well. This is more of a challenge to myself to stay on top of things, and less of an actual promise. Yikes!Any rate, stay tuned.