Skip to main content

No shortcuts in Death Investigations

This is partly for myself, so that I remember to read this article later, but also for other crime writing folks like myself. And as a side note, the author of the article, Joe Giacalone, offers himself out to authors as a resource on Google+. Happy writing.

There Are No Shortcuts in Death Investigations: Documenting the Body

I've said this many times, you don't get a second chance to do it right the first time. Investigators have a tough enough job when investigating a death scene, so doing more is never popular. They must control the scene, prevent unauthorized access, avoid contamination, keep the bosses happy and create an investigative plan to capture the suspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merlin & Hagar : A Gnome Photo Series

I decided, on a whim yesterday, to make a photo series based off my wife's gnome collection. It was a collection she curated over her childhood, buying them all from the same place in Derby, Kansas, where her grandparents lived.

The series stars two gnomes, Merlin and Hagar. One is jolly, and the other grumpy. Enjoy.

I have the first two posted, and will embed below.



New website look and stuff coming soon

I've been meaning to give my site an extreme makeover and be better about writing posts, and sharing stories. Well, it's coming....I'm currently testing with my new theme/layout, and it is gonna be cool...let me tell ya. And as far as more content, I will be writing more and writing more blog posts as well. This is more of a challenge to myself to stay on top of things, and less of an actual promise. Yikes!Any rate, stay tuned.

A little on Audrey Hepburn, my favorite actor

It takes a lot for me to say something is 'my favorite'. For example, when it comes to movies, I have a laundry list, and the one at the top is really only there because I just can't bring myself to take it down for something else.

Some people claim actors as favorites for silly reasons. Yes, I said silly. While Audrey may not make the list for favorite actor for a lot of folks, though maybe for 'best style' or some other nonsense. For me, she makes the top for acting. And here's why...

In her career, and life, she was constantly met with challenges and always overcame them. An actor who takes on challenges and bests them, those are the truly talented actors. From her humble beginnings in life, taking part in the underground resistance during WW2, to stardom, she saw a lot of challenges along the way. Like, how do I save these Jews from the Nazi soldiers coming this way? Oh, let me walk over and pick a flower for the Nazi, giving the Jews time to get…